Some exciting 'Life Outside the Box' puppet news.
After the presentation at the "Broken Puppet: A symposium on Puppetry Disability and Health in early August, Corina was contacted by several of the other speakers and others involved in puppetry.
- From Chile "... It was wonderful to be at the symposium and get to know your work. I'll show the film and the book in my Puppets and Therapy diploma course." Andrea Markovits Diplomado Muñeco y Terapia 2017 at Muñecoterapia Chile
- From Germany: " I think your booklet Life outside the box will find interest from my colleagues. Antje WegenerTherapeutische Figurenspielerin, DGTP e.V. And organiser of the Symposium of therapeutic puppetry in Germany 2018
- Australia: Puppetry News shared the story about the Symposium and the Project on Facebook and on other social media pages too... like Persphone Sextou's Twitter page, and on the UNIMA (Official worldwide puppetry organisation) pages.
- UK: The Festival of Puppetry in Bristol, running from 1-10th of September, has offered to highlight the project on social media during the festival. It was too late to have our film added to their schedule
- The story was also published on the Disability Arts Online (DAO) digital magazine
|Photo by Aisling Doyle of Life Outside the Box on Irish TV|
- And the specially edited version of the film was shown on Irish TV again on the People's Angelus and shared with people from all over the world. See youtube , or footage below. (sorry for slightly shaky film. I am not that steady on my legs, or holding my phone up)
Goodness knows where they'll turn up next!
Will keep you posted, a
nd Thank You so much for stopping by
PS: The Full film ( 4 minutes) can be viewed HERE